To celebrate the publication of Lauren Berry’s Living the Dream in July, we are recording a podcast with Lauren and we need your input.
Living the Dream is the funny, satirical, sharp and honest look at modern British life from the perspective of two young women. In a world of overdrafts, day jobs and hangovers, and where expectations and reality don’t quite match up, it will leave you questioning whether you are really living the dream?!
With this in mind, we’d love Virago readers to share their experiences of dating and work woes, and in the podcast in Agony-Aunt style, Lauren will offer her best survival tips and how we might manage expectations vs. reality in adult life.
Submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line LIVING THE DREAM PODCAST for a chance to have your problem answered by Lauren! We will also choose a winner from the submissions, and the winner will win a signed copy of the book. Closing date: 27th June.
1. This is a prize draw for a signed copy of Living the Dream by Lauren Berry (hardback), the winner winning one copy of the book.
- The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by Virago books, whose decision will be final.
- The winner may see their entry posted on the Virago (hereinafter the ’Company’) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The prize drawn opens at 12:01 am [GMT] on 13/06/2017 and closes at 11:59 pm [GMT] on 27/06/2017. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The prize draw is open to anyone [aged 16] or over in UK except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the winner will be asked to have his or her guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
- The winner’s name will be published on the Virago website after the 28th June.
- The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address ‘Little Brown Book Group 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ’.
- By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Virago Book, an imprint of Little Brown, Book Group.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.